Home > About Us > School Rules
National Anthem / Pledge
- All pupils must attend the flag-raising ceremony.
- Pupils who are Singapore citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge.
- Pupils will take the Pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- Pupils must always be punctual for school and school activities.
- Pupils should be in school by 7.20 am.
- Pupils are to proceed to the assembly area for Silent Reading.
- Pupils who are not at the assembly area for Flag-raising or Pledge-taking ceremony are considered late for school.
- Pupils are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed.
- Pupils must wear PE attire during PE lessons.
- Pupils may come to school in their PE attire on days they have PE lessons.
- Pupils should refrain from using wallet chains and hooks that affect the overall appearance of the uniform.
- Name tags should be sewn on the shirt pocket of the school uniform and PE t-shirt.
- The shirt/blouse/t-shirts must be tucked in neatly at all times.
- Pupils must wear black shoes and black school socks. The length of the socks must be above the ankle.
- Pupils with special needs (e.g. flat footed) are allowed to wear shoes recommended by doctors. In such a case, a medical certificate is required.
- Pupils who are not able to put on shoes due to injury or medical reasons must submit a letter from the parent or a medical certificate to the form teacher.
- Pupils must keep their hair neat in its natural colour.
- Girls with long hair (i.e. shoulder length or longer) should tie up their hair neatly. The fringe should not cover the eyebrows.
- All hair accessories must be BLACK.
- Boys are to keep their hair short.
- Boys must be clean-shaven and no facial hair is allowed.
- Pupils are not allowed to wear jewellery or expensive watches.
- Girls can only wear one plain ear stud on each ear lobe.
- No pupil is allowed to pierce other parts of their body (e.g. nose, tongue, face).
- The handphones should be switched off during curriculum time.
- Handphones should be used only for important communication with parents / guardians after permission is sought.
- Handphones should not be used for video recording/ photography purposes, unless permission is granted by teachers.
- Eating must be confined to the canteen at all times.
- Every pupil must queue up to buy his/her food.
- Crockery, cutlery and drinking cups must be returned to the respective receptacles after use.
- Parents who wish to take their children away from school during school hours must seek permission from the Principal, Vice-Principal, Head of Department or the child's Form teacher and sigh out at the General Office.
- All students are not allowed to have their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.