Home > Parents > Road Safety
ROAD SAFETY OF STUDENTS
We would like to seek your cooperation to work with the school in ensuring the safety of students coming to and leaving school. This is especially important as young children may not have the skills required to use roads properly and do not always fully appreciate the dangers presented. Their small physique also makes them less visible to motorists.
This letter reiterates the road safety policies of the school:
- Reduce vehicle speed and stay alert for pedestrians in the school zone.
- Cooperate with traffic marshals to ensure overall safety and smooth traffic flow.
- Let your child alight only at the designated drop-off point.
- Be advised not to violate traffic rules by driving recklessly or making illegal maneuvers such as turning into the school from the outer lane(s) of the road.
- Do not horn indiscriminately.
- Help your child alight from the car as quickly as possible.
- Reinforce correct road safety behavior such as using the pedestrian crossing, and avoiding jaywalking or using a handphone while crossing.
- Remind your children to practice the kerb drill before crossing - “look right, look left, look right again, ensure all vehicles have stopped, raise your hand high up and cross the road briskly”.
- If your child must cycle to school, ensure that he knows safe cycling rules and is a competent cyclist.
For the safety of everyone, enforcement action will be taken against motorists who violate traffic rules.
We thank all parents and guardians who have been the role models for our children.
Mrs Tan Wie Pin
On Behalf of SPF and LTA